Save The Argument.

When it comes to relationships — Arguments are better than silence. Because with only silence, it leads to assumptions. And with assumptions, well… usually doesn’t lead to pleasant thoughts. Arguments, at least you know what he/she is thinking and whether you should stay or just leave.-Anon

When you realize you’re wrong, you need to say ‘I’m Sorry.’-Taylor Swift


I don't have a boyfriend or someone that I can actually consider my boyfriend-to-be.. i don't have that one now but If i have a boyfriend now and if we get into fights, I won’t be stubborn with him. If I’m wrong and I know it, I’ll admit to it because fighting any further would be pointless. I won’t try and push his buttons, or try to be sneaky and do anything out of revenge. Just because he hurted me, whether on accident or on purpose, I’m not selfish enough to avenge myself just to see someone I love or care about in pain. I’ll tell him it all straight up, and I’ll try my best not to test him. I’ll tell him what I want, so I’d expect him to do the same. It’d really save us a lot of time and trouble.



I get that couples have to have their fights to have a healthy relationship, but why add irrelevant problems to the situation or why keep fighting when there’s an obvious solution. I’d rather minimize the fights that we will have.-MG
Everything is really just perspective. Our perspective on fighting is that you are finding things you do not agree on and that’s okay. It is just another way a relationship grows. You are literally fighting to grow. You are debating your opinion against your partners. They are not a bad person because they don’t agree with you. You are not a bad person because you do not agree with them. You both come to the conclusion of your opinion based on your own personal life experience. & Your partner is doing the same. The key is to bridge the gap of the life experience. Share with one another why you feel the way you do. Tell each other stories of how you came to that conclusion and what lead up to it. You will find that you are actually learning more about one another and that you feel closer.

The Notebook, one of my favorite movies. I think everybody's favorite movie. Right? :) It never gets old. I have this favorite line that Noah said to Allie, something so sweet but not so very nice. *laughs*: Well that’s what we do, we fight… You tell me when I am being an arrogant son of a bitch and I tell you when you are a pain in the ass. Which you are, 99% of the time. I’m not afraid to hurt your feelings. You have like a 2 second rebound rate, then you’re back doing the next pain-in-the-ass thing.”—“So what?”—“So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be really hard. We’re gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day.

You do not have to be right. If you are just focused on being right you need to check your ego. When you love someone you do not want to do or say anything to hurt them and vice versa, so winning is not the goal. The goal is hearing and trying to understand one another’s perspective on any given subject. Once you do that then you will be able to come up with a new perspective that feels comfortable for both of you. Forcing someone else to live by your opinion is just asking for resentment. Both people in the relationship deserve to be happy. Achieving that is not easy, but it is possible.

Remember you are both coming into the relationship with a past. Now the objective is to create a future together. Stay in the moment with one another and appreciate your differences. You will eventually begin to see how much you have grown by being open to new perspectives on how to navigate your life together.




bloggin'
xx, myarah

1 comment

Anonymous | May 1, 2012 at 6:08 PM

best female blogger ever!!! :D

Post a Comment

Post A Comment.