Graduation Ball.


When you leave here, don't forget why you came. ~Adlai Stevenson, to college graduates
It was really one of the best night of my life, most of my friends are there even those whom I haven't seen for a long time. && that made me really happy. I'll always have them in my heart, & that's a promise :) -MG
It happened last April 13, 2012 at the Pan-Pacific Hotel Manila. There's really no theme except that the dress code was formal, black-tie. Me and my friends arrived late, and the others who went there first was texting us like there's no tomorrow asking us if we are already on the way. HAHAH When we arrived, they're already eating and the program has started, so the entrance to the function room was already closed. HAHAHA What we did was we pushed the door so we can make our way to the table, and then all the eyes of the people there was suddenly on us. Embarrassingly late, but the good thing was the look of their faces wasn't annoyance, it was astonishment. I've heard a couple of people saying "Holy sh*t, they're beautiful." HAHAHA

Zuhair Murad Fall 2010 Collect
I'm wearing a long dress made by a very good friend, Bon Penaranda (@bonpenaranda), who also happens to be an aspiring young designer from Slim's Fashion & Art School. He really did a great job doing my dream graduation ball dress. I told him what I want and show him some inspiration... and then I've asked him if he can make me a Zuhair Murad-inspired gown, so i showed him one dress whom I adored so much from the said designers' Fall Collection 2010. It only took him 3 days, I guess, minus the belt to make it. He's soooo awesome! I'm nervous at first because he doesn't want me to see what he did.. I mean why on earth don't you want to show me my dress, what's happening?!! HAHAHA On the day of the Graduation Ball, I've seen the outcome.. it was perfect. :)





Awarding of Ms. Female Best Dressed :)
The program includes a speech of my Tourism and Planning Development professor, Ms. Hazel Ramos. She had this little game of pencils and it was really fun. Then before ending the night I was called on stage to be awarded as the Female Best-Dressed of the Night. HAHAH I wasn't expecting that because for me, that night everybody was Best-Dressed. :) Then for Star of The Night my bestfriend, Aj, was called. It was amazing.. we were laughing on the stage, and they began taking pictures of us everywhere. It was truly a night to remember. :)

With my bestfriends, L-R (Aj, Charmaine and Teena) Too bad weren't complete.
The gradball ended at exactly 12:00 so my picked me up and my girlfriends to drop them off Aj's place, then afterwards he drove me off to the airport to catch my flight to Singapore. (next blog) :)

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.


Congrats Batch 2011-2012.




bloggin'
xx, myarah

5 comments

Anonymous | April 21, 2012 at 3:22 PM

you're beautiful :)

Anonymous | April 21, 2012 at 10:41 PM

ang ganda ganda mo tlga gaa (:

Anonymous | April 23, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Remember this? "You're the most beautiful girl tonight" :) :D

Anonymous | November 6, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. --- i love this lines., and i really appreciate your dress. im just 18, pero dahil sa sinabi mo you serve as an inspiration to me. hehehe. marami na rin akong regrets dahil sa mga things na hindi ko ginawa kahit gusto ko. thank you po dahil nabasa ko yung blog mo. :)

Marah Gaa | November 12, 2012 at 4:06 AM

to ANON4 - thank you for appreciating. do what your heart tells you but of course make sure it's the right thing to do.. and you'll do fine. <3

Post a Comment

Post A Comment.