Don't Compare Me.

It's great to learn from past experience, but don't expect the same behaviors, qualities. likes and dislikes-and even motivations from your new partner. That would be incredibly unfair and erroneous. Blanketing someone with your ex's 'bio' is short-changing the both of you from a deeper level of knowledge, love, understanding and friendship. And please don't compare your ex to their face. They will not like that. If you must, be vague about where you remembered 'it'.
“I guess what makes me different from most girls is that I’m not the type to squeal all over you and I don’t ask for your attention at all times. I know what I want and I know how to get it but I don’t hurt people along the way. I can be a bitch but I’m also a weird obnoxious loser, but hey, that’s the truth in me. I guess you can say I’m complicated but I’d rather be difficult than easy anyday. I can be hard to figure out at times but if you know me, I’m not that much of a confusing person. So why don’t you actually open up your heart instead of just your eyes and take a look at me, then tell me that you love me.”-Unknown


No two relationships are alike because each person in the relationship is unique. Unfortunately, people tend to feel unhappy with new relationships because they don't measure up to what they had before or to their expectations. 


Boy: "Well, my last girlfriend always do this and she's like that blah-blah-blah. And you don't."

There are several ways I could respond to that statement: 

1) "If your last girlfriend was what you wanted, then why aren't you still with her?"
2) "If this new girl isn't what you're looking for, then why are you dating me in the first place?"
3) "Tell me what you want, what you really, really want!" (Okay, that one was kind of a joke.) LOL

Don’t compare me to nobody. Don’t compare me to somebody else’s girlfriend. Don’t compare me to none of your ex’s. Don’t compare me to a friend. I AM NOT THEM,  & THEY AREN'T ME.



It sucks being compared to other people especially to an ex-girlfriend. Yes, I know i’m not good at everything. I probably suck. But it sucks knowing that another person out there is on your mind and can do better than I can. It hurts me and bugs me when I’m being compared to somebody else. I know. I’m not perfect. I’m not the best either. But if you want to talk about my imperfections and 'judge' me for them, don’t come to me. If you’re friends are telling you to break up with me, don’t tell me. Please just keep that to yourself. If you were comparing me to your friend’s girlfriends and you guys had a conversation about me, don’t tell me either. I’m sorry I’m not as good as they are. I’m sorry I can’t reach the status you want me to be at. But at least be happy with me and be happy with who I am. If not, I’m sorry, it is just me.
"It’s just that you have to draw a line between determination and desperation. What is truly yours will eventually be yours, and what is not, no matter how hard you try, will never be."-Anonviatumblr

I get sad and I begin to question how you feel about me. I guess because of this I have begun to over think everything and my emotions have become chaotic. I’ve come to realize that I was happier when I didn’t expect much from you, when I just expected you to be kind and to respect me. Honestly, I do like those cute little things, like good morning texts, but I don’t need them.

Things would be a lot less complicated if we had stayed 'just friends.'

bloggin'
xx, myarah

6 comments

Anonymous | November 18, 2011 at 4:25 PM

something worthy to read :)

Myarahh | November 18, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Thank you ! :)

ashiley | November 19, 2011 at 2:54 PM

love everything about this! you're such an inspiration ! i hope to read more from you!!! :)

anthonette | November 25, 2011 at 6:00 PM

loveit babe! :) two thumbs up! :D i was laughing whe i read no.3 respond. LOL. suddenly remembered the song of Spice Girls. hahaha. naughty lang. :)

Anonymous | January 28, 2012 at 1:21 AM

The details of this post.. is definitely not true.. she just assume about it it.. and she didn't heard it right... >:/

Marah Gaa | January 29, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Congratulations! 1st hater comment~ anyway i stand to what i said. (:O

Post a Comment

Post A Comment.